Caprese Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemons zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more if needed to wet pasta
- Blend the lemon zest and juice, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running gradually blend in the oil.
- Season the vinaigrette to taste with more salt and pepper.
- 1 pound rotini (tricolor if you want)
- ½ pound diced ripe tomatoes
- 16 ounce tub fresh mozzarella pearls, drained
- Lemon vinaigrette
- Lots of fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the cappelletti according to the directions, drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Move the pasta to a large serving bowl and toss together with the rest of the ingredients.